It is rightly called father of all foods as it is highly nutritious and one of the significant things about alfalfa plant is its roots go deep into the soil which helps it absorb all the minerals. The best way to consume alfalfa is by sprouting the seeds and these are the health benefits of alfalfa sprouts:
1. Alfalfa for Constipation: Alfalfa sprouts are high in dietary fibre making it one of the best natural ingredients for people who are suffering from constipation and it can also be used by people with stomach problems like acidity and irritable bowel syndrome
2. Alfalfa for Heart Health: Alfalfa is said to reduce the bad cholesterol in the body thus preventing heart attacks.
3. Alfalfa for Diabetes: Though not in a significant way, alfalfa sprouts does reduce the blood sugar levels in diabetic patients and is a very good food to include in their diet.
4. Alfalfa for Hair & Skin: Since alfalfa is rich in vitamins and minerals especially vitamin B and vitamin K, it keeps the hair and skin healthy.
5. Alfalfa for Convalescents: Alfalfa is very good for people recovering from illnesses as it increases the immunity. Try adding alfalfa sprouts daily in the diet for a few days till the body regains its lost strength.
6. Alfalfa for Weight Loss: Since alfalfa is rich in protein, very low in fat and helps one be satiated for a long time, it is very good for including in the weight loss plan.
7. Alfalfa for Anaemia: Alfalfa is rich in vitamin C which helps our body absorb iron better. If you are anaemic consider including alfalfa in your diet often.
8. Alfalfa for Breast Milk: Alfalfa is very good for lactating mothers as it is said to increase the breast milk supply but please don't over consume them.
8. Alfalfa can also be used by patients who are suffering from high blood pressure.
9. Alfalfa is very good for menopausal women as it regulates the hormones.
10. Alfalfa is a natural blood cleanser that can be easily assimilated by the body and also helps prevent allergies. Alfalfa seeds are not cheap but not very expensive either and we can easily make the alfalfa sprouts at home. Sprouts can be added to gravies, salads, sandwiches just like moong sprouts.
Alfalfa Side Effects: Alfalfa should be avoided by people who have lupus or a family history of it. Alfalfa should not be over consumed especially during pregnancy and breast feeding. If you experience any skin allergy (alfalfa can increase the skin sensitivity to sun in some people) or abdominal discomfort after eating alfalfa please discontinue using it. Alfalfa also can reduce the effectiveness of birth control pills and if you are on blood thinning medications, please avoid alfalfa in any form....
Directions for use:
Wash the alfalfa seeds well in water and soak them overnight.
Drain the water completely and place them in hotbox. Close with the lid tightly and place it in a corner in your kitchen.
Within 12 hours you will have small sprouts and within 36 hours it would have sprouted very well.
Take the sprouts and store in the refrigerator and use within 4 to 5 days. For elderly people, pregnant women and children give the sprouts in moderation and it is better to steam the sprouts before giving them to prevent any infections.
|Country of Origin||India|
|Veg or Non-Veg||Veg|
|Container Type||Standup pouch|
|Shelf Life||6 months|
|Shipping & Handling:||FREE if more than ₹ 1000 Seller Id 30248 products in order; else ₹ 100|
|Estimated Delivery:||3-5 Business Days|