Organic Cold Pressed Castor Oil - 200ml
Castor Oil is a very pale yellow liquid that is extracted from castor seeds (Ricinus Communis). It has anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and anti-bacterial properties and hence has been used for centuries for its therapeutic and medicinal benefits. The benefits of the castor oil are also derived from its high concentration of unsaturated fatty acids. Castor oil is useful for skin, health & beauty and thus is used in various cosmetics, soaps, textiles, massage oils, medicines and other everyday products.
Castor oil has been used as a great remedy for various illnesses and can consumed internally or applied on the skin externally. It has been effectively used to cure everyday problems like:
- Hair Loss & Thinning: Ricinoleic acid is known for its anti-bacterial and anti-fungicidal properties, which protect the scalp and hair form the infections causing hair loss. Omega 9 fatty acids present in castor oil nourish the hair and promote hair growth. Massage your scalp with castor oil (or castor oil mixed with coconut oil) and wash off after an hour.
- Constipation: Castor oil is a powerful laxative. So you can consume a teaspoon of castor oil in the morning or dilute it with orange juice or cranberry juice to reduce the bitter and unpleasant taste of the castor oil. However mixing with any other juice may reduce the laxative effect of the oil.
- Acne: Castor oil is rich in Ricinoleic acid, which fights off the acne causing bacteria. It effectively penetrates the skin layers thus making it an excellent remedy for acne. Wash your face with warm water, as this will help to open up your pores. Simply massage your face with the oil and keep it overnight. Wash off your face next morning.
- Sunburn, Athlete's Foot and other Skin Problems: Castor oil is a boon for all skin problems, as it reduces various problems like sunburn, acne, dry skin, stretch marks etc. It also helps to eradicate skin infections like warts, boils, athlete’s foot and chronic itching. Apply castor oil over the affected areas, daily in the morning and evening. For larger skin area, dip the cloth in the oil and wrap around the affected area.
- Ringworm: Castor oil contains active compounds called undecylenic acid which is very effective for treating the fungal infection. Dilute 2 teaspoons of castor oil in 4 teaspoons of coconut oil. Apply over the affected area under your feet and cover with a cotton cloth. Keep it overnight for best results. Repeat this procedure until it is cured.
Wrinkle Treatment: Castor oil is a natural emollient that penetrates the skin and helps stimulate the production of collagen and elastin which can soften and hydrate the skin. Therefore, it is a wonderful natural treatment for wrinkles since it restores and rejuvenates skin's natural youthful appearance by making skin smoother, softer and pliant. Dip a small cotton ball into the oil and apply it on wrinkled skin before going to bed. Use only a small amount of oil when applying it to the skin near the eyes.
Castor Oil also helps to strengthen the immune system and cure various diseases like:
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Cerebral Palsy
- Pain from Arthritis and Rheumatism
Castor oil is normally safe if used in moderation. However, pregnant and lactating women and people with intestinal blockage, acute inflammatory intestinal disease, appendicitis, or abdominal pain should not take Castor Oil without their doctor's approval. Note that precautions must be taken when taking the oil internally, so you should always follow the directions on the package and consult your doctor or naturopathic professional before consuming it. A typical recommended dosage for the oil is no more than one-half to one full teaspoon per day. Overdosage of Castor Oil may result in diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain or cramping.