Why should you drink water from copper vessels?
According to Ayurveda, water stored in a copper vessel can balance all the three doshas in your body, (Vata, Kapha and Pitta) and it does so by positively charging the water. It was found that when copper leaches into the water, it not only purifies the water but charges the water with its positive properties.
In one of the studies published in NCIB, scientists studied the effect of storing water in a copper pot on microbial-contaminated drinking water, including harmful diarrhoeagenic bacteria, including cholerae, E.coli, and Salmonella. The scientists stored the contaminated water in a copper vessel for 16 hours at room temperature and found that the copper surfaces completely killed the bacteria.
Termed as the Oligodynamic Effect, this water has the potency to destroy harmful microbes, fungi, bacteria, etc.
So here are some more health benefits of drinking water from copper vessels:
- Strengthens your immune system - Copper acts as an extremely good immunity booster, which allows your body to defend itself from infection and heal faster.
- Slows down ageing - Copper is a strong anti-oxidant. This reduces aging by activating the production of collagen protein that aids in the formation of new cells and connective tissues.
- Anti-inflammatory and kills bacteria - Copper has anti-inflammatory properties. This helps relieve aches and pains caused due to inflamed joints
- Stimulates the brain - Copper is known to have brain stimulant and anti-convulsive properties that prevents seizures.
- Good for heart health & fights free radicals - Copper is packed with very strong anti-oxidant and cell forming properties, which helps fight free radicals
- Regulates melanin production - Copper is the main component in the production of melanin (a pigment that mitigates the color of our eyes, hair and skin) in our bodies.
- Helps in digestion & aids in weight loss - Water from copper vessels tend to stimulate your digestive system, it helps in breaking food down far more efficiently than usual and also detoxifies the body.
- Helps in absorption of iron in the body - Copper helps in the absorption of iron from the intestinal tract and in the release from its primary storage sites like the liver.
It is recommended that you drink water stored in copper vessels first thing in the morning, so that your empty stomach can properly absorb it.
Start enjoying the health benefits of your own copper water bottle or jugs. AE NATURALS presents leak proof water bottles made with pure virgin copper which will keep you hydrated.
Click here to check out more styles and variety on the copper bottles and jugs.