Nirvana CITRONELLA Essential Oil 10 ml
Citronella Essential Oil is produced by steam distillation, its a yellow / brown liquid, with a freshCitronella Aromatherapy Essential oils powerful, lemony scent, The Java oil is colorless to pale yellow, with a fresh woody sweet fragrance. Citrionella essential oil blends well with other essential oils such as geranium, lemon, bergamot, orange, cedar wood and pine.
- Skin Care: Excessive perspiration, oily skin, insect repellent.
- Immune System: Colds, flu, minor infection.
- Nervous system: Fatigue, headaches, migraine, neuralgia.
How to Use:
- Use In Diffuser - Vapouriser
- Add to Bath Water - Aromatic Bath
- Dilute In Carrier Oil - Aromatic Massage Oil
Essential oil is a product obtained from natural raw materials, either by distillation with water or stem, or from the epicarp of citrus fruits by mechanical processing, or by dry distillation. The essential oil is subsequently separated from the aqueous phase by physical means. Essential Oils are volatile and can be used for therapeutic treatment. It is best to use essential oils as external remedies only. They blend well with oils and ointments suited to external application, which are absorbed readily through the skin and vaporize easily for inhalation.
Natural Essential Oils Vs Synthetics:
The objective of the artificial fragrance is to duplicate the scent of the flower and not that of the essential oil. it has to be emphasised that synthetic fragrances do not have any of the therapeutic properties of the the essential oil. Natural Essential Oils have a life force, an additional impulse which can only be found in essential oils extracted from parts of plants.
- Massages: Essential oils should never be used directly on the skin, they should always be mixed with carrier oils such as Almond oil, Grape seed oil, Apricot oil, Jojoba Oil, Wheat Germ Oil and Evening Primrose oil. They should be diluted in the ratio of 5 to 20 drop of essential oil to 100 ml of carrier /base oil. Different essential oils have different properties.
- Baths: Add 7 to 10 drops of essential oil to the bath water and enjoy a relaxing and refreshing bath.
- Vaporization: A vaporizer / diffuser is used for this purpose. Water is put into the cup and a few drops of essential oil is added. A candle or oil wick is lit under the cup and the vapors of the essential oil spread into the room spreading a beautiful aroma.
Essential Oils Safety Guidelines:
- Sensitive Skin: A few essential oils may cause skin irritation, for those people who have very sensitive skin. Put a few drops of the essential oil mixed with the base oil on the skin, and put a plaster on the same. Leave for a hour. If irritation or redness occurs, reduce the concentration of the oil by adding more of the base oil.
- Some essential oils are photo toxic, they cause skin pigmentation when exposed to direct sunlight. Angelica root, bergamot, cumin, ginger, lemon, lime, loveage, mandarin and verbena are few such essential oils
- Neat Application essential oils must always be applied by diluting it in a carrier oil. oils such as lavender, ylang ylang, sandalwood can be used directly.
- Avoid hyssop, rosemary, sage and thyme if suffering from high blood pressure
- Avoid fennel, hyssop, rosemary and sage essential oils if suffering from epilepsy, as they have powerful action on the nervous system.
- During pregnancy its best not to use any essential oils, because of the sensitivity of the growing child.
- Avoid angelica oil in case of diabetes