World Coconut Day
Did you know that World Coconut Day is celebrated every year on September 2nd?
Coconuts are members of the drupe family in which an outer skin surrounds a fleshy middle layer which contains a hard-inner pit/seed. Coconuts are called the “Tree of Life” as every part of a coconut can be used effectively. Some examples are -
- Coconut water is a favorite thirst quencher.
- Coconut seed can be processed for oil which is used in cooking and cosmetics.
- The fleshy part of the seed is used in all forms of cooking whether it’s making savory curries, chutneys or rice or desserts like laddus and macaroons.
- Charcoal is processed from the hard coconut shell and coir from the fibrous husk.
- Coconut shells can also be used for cutlery, home décor, musical instruments and so much more.
- Coconut Flour is a unique grain-free alternative to wheat-based flours which is high in fiber and an excellent source of iron.
- Coconut oil is natural, nourishing and good for every part of your body. There are so many beauty products that use coconut oil.
- You can use coconuts for everything from healing scars to moisturizing dry skin.
Coconuts have high levels of manganese, potassium, and phosphorus. They have a high fiber content, which makes you feel full longer and loaded with natural electrolytes, which feed your pH and muscle function.
Shophealthy.in carries some wonderful and natural coconut products like oils, flours, chips, cookies and a whole range of baby care and beauty products.