1 KG - Nachani / Ragi / Finger Millet Grains Powder - PREMIUM Quality!
Also Known as
Nachani, red millet, nachni
Ragi or Millet is a grain that is considered extremely nutritious. This grain is ground into flour and is very popularly. Raw Ragi, which are green in color, tiny beads and almost looks like mustard seeds are usually roasted, smeared with some salt and spicy cilantro chutney and consumed as a snack. Cheap, easy to make, delicious and extremely nutritious - all in one package.
· Ragi is considered Food for medicine and Medicine for Food. Ragi is wonderful cereal packed with nutrients.
· Ragi contains about 6.7 % protein. Ragi protein is reported to be a good quality.
· Ragi is rich in methonine, which is an amino acid lacking in most of the other cereals.
· Ragi is also found to have liberal amount of calcium.
· Ragi has been traditionally used in infant feeding. It's easy to prepare and you could also add some pre-soaked & powdered cashews/ almonds if your daughter is able to digest it.
· Since millet does not contain gluten, it is a wonderful grain alternative for people who are gluten-sensitive.
· An excellent source of calcium and fiber.
· It helps in lowering cholesterol levels in the blood; this leads to less plaque formation, prevents the blocking of blood vessels, and hence reduces the risk of hypertension and stroke
· It helps in enhancing weight control, and in a better glycemic control (useful for diabetics).
· High fibre diets also help in reducing the risk of certain forms of cancer, improving gastro-intestinal function and so on.
· Ragi has a number of health benefits like cooling your tummy, treating diabetes, cardiac diseases and for keeping your head cool in scorching summers